Monday, July 16, 2012

Welcome to A Murder is Announced!

Dear mystery lovers,

After realizing that there aren't many places where authors can announce new books, awards, etc. except for a few listservs that allow such posts, I decided to start a new blog called A MURDER IS ANNOUNCED.  On this blog, I'll list news of new books (indie or otherwise), short synopses, awards, etc. sent to me by authors.

I've posted a separate FAQ page with more information.  

This is not taking the place of other online directories and lists of books.  It's in addition to them.

AMIA is still in the beginning stages, so we'll see how it goes. This will be a place where the announcements and links to samples and online bookstores will stay here unless the book goes out of print, or unless the author asks me to remove it.

I'm doing this as a way to promote my own mysteries and to help other authors get the word out about their books.  Hopefully, through inter-linking back and forth from the authors to the blog and vice versa, we'll all see a little more traffic and sales.

And I want it to be a place where readers can come to learn of new books or murder mystery news.

Note:  These listings will not be book reviews.  I do reserve the right as editor to either post books or not as I see fit.

Questions, please leave a comment here or e-mail me.  Thanks so much!

And please tell your friends about us!

Happy trails,

bobbi c.

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea, Bobbi! I'm sure this sight will prove to be a great resource for both authors and readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving a comment, Susan! Keeping my fingers crossed...LOL. bobbi c.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your project. I think it will be very useful for authors and readers.

    ~ Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Jim. I hope to get the first entries up by the end of the week. Happy trails! bobbi c.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, Bobbi. How sweet of you to help fellow authors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. A great blog idea. I look forward to reading it and sending you news of my next published mystery.

    ReplyDelete